January - March Starting at $125 per night.
April - December Starting at $175 per night.
View our Rental Agreement
Follow us on Face Book
We are Pet Friendly!
Pet Friendly Cabins
Romantic Ohio Rental Cabin
Vacation Rental Ohio
Piedmont Lake Cabin Rental
Clendening Lake Cabin Rental
Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ohio Wild Turkey Hunting
Ohio Fishing Cabins
Area Recreation and Information
There is plenty to see and do right on the grounds of Possum Lodge. However if you would like to explore the beauty of our area during your stay, below you will find some information to help you seek out some of the rich history, scenic byways and quaint towns which are near by. Calendar of events are provided on the web site for Cadiz/Harrison County Visitors Center web site listed below.
Recreational opportunities abound in Harrison County, Ohio. Whether you hike, bike, boat, fish, hunt, swim, camp, water ski, or ride horses, this is the place for you...and all within a two hour drive of Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh!
Harrison County has numerous trails offering a variety of opportunities for recreational pursuits and exploring our heritage.
Harrison County is home to three of the ten lakes operated by the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District ("MWCD"). MWCD is the largest conservancy district in the state of Ohio, serving 18 counties and more than 20 percent of the surface area of the state. The lakes operated by MWCD are the impoundments contained behind dams built for flood control purposes in the 1930s and currently operated by the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Tappan Lake, Clendening Lake, and a portion of Piedmont Lake are located in Harrison County. Collectively these lakes provide more than 4,200 acres of public recreational water in the county.
Commercial grape production and the development of wineries are fairly new to Harrison County. However, the soil conditions, climate, and growing season of the area are conducive to grape production. It is anticipated that grape and wine production will become an increasingly important component of the local agricultural economy over the next few years.
Harrison County currently serves as home to Coffee Cake Winery, which is located just outside Hopedale. Additionally, a handful of farms in the County have planted grapes and plan to begin wine production when their vines become fully productive.
Below is a listing of some of the recreational possibilities available in Harrison County followed by some links to more information
- 110 miles of public trails/bike routes
- 11.4 mile rail trail
- Hiking trails in Tappan Lake Park and Harrison State Forest
- ODOT designated on road bicycle route
- 4,200 acres of public lakes
- Public beach
- Seven public boat launch ramps
- 20,000 acres of public hunting land
- 8,000+ white tail deer harvested annually
- 500 wild turkeys harvested annually
- Home of Ohio state record muskellunge
- Home of Ohio state record flathead catfish
- Two full service marinas
- Faith Ranch (4,000 acre equestrian center)
- Boss Bison Ranch
- Adventure Creek Zip Line Tours
- Thunder on the Hill
- Tappan-Moravian Trail Ohio Scenic Byway
- Harrison County Conotton Creek Trail
- Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District
- Buckeye Trail/Bowerston Section
- ODOT of Transportation Bicycle Route Map
- Ohio Horse and Mule Trails
- Bluegrass in the Hills
- North Country Scenic Trail
- Faith Ranch
- Jamboree in the Hills
- Boss Bison Ranch
- Dickinson Cattle Co
- Coffee Cake Winery
- Black Sheep Vineyard
- Friends of Freedom Society - Ohio Underground Railroad Association
- Harrison County Genealogy Society
- Political Graveyard
(Biographies of Historic/Political Figures)
- Clark Gable Foundation
- General George Armstrong Custer Biography
- Edwin M. Stanton Biography>
- John Bingham Biography
- Morgan's Raid Trail
- Coal Museum; Puskarich Public Library, Cadiz
- Buckeye Trail
- Rails to Trails Conservancy/Ohio Field Office
- Ohio to Erie Trail
- Ohio Historical Society
- Ohio Civil War Trail Commission
- Ohio State Government
- Ohio Department of Development
- U. S. Government Recreation Facilities
- Cadiz/Harrison County Visitors Center
- Belmont County Web Site
- Guernsey County Web Site